Saturday, July 18, 2015

4-Year-Old Girl Told She Can't Be Spider-Man Inspires Parade

Ellie Evangelista, eight, dressed in her Spider-Man costume, a young child muffins with her dad, Steve Evangelista. (Photo: Margaret Ryan)

DISNEY Mickey Cartoon Silicone Rubber Case Cover for iPhone 5/5S

This Sunday, superheroes will march in a parade towards New York City – all because one 4-year-old was told by classmates where it she couldn't be Spider-Man considering that she's a girl.

STORY: 8-Year-Old Pop idol Wars Fan Takes On Disney iPhone 5 case — and Wins

Ellie Evangelista's more popular game is to dress up as superheroes. "Ellie loves Spider-Man. We got her a major Spider-Man costume for Christmas, your adores it. She has [Spider-Man] pajamas she wears each night, " her mother, Margaret Jones, tells Yahoo Parenting. "Then your started coming home [from school] and saying she didn't envy a girl anymore, and I said 'What do you mean? ' And she recounted 'I want to be Spider-Man, and to prove Spider-Man I have to be a boy. Once I want to be Spider-Man, I become a boy and when I am done clearly Spider-Man, I turn back into the Ellie the girl. ' It started to make the effort me that she felt your couldn't be herself, or where it being herself wouldn't allow this to be who she wanted to be around fantasy play. "

STORY: 'Girly' Prints Banned From Moms' Noble New Clothing Line

Ellie Evangelista, who loves superheroes, taking a snooze in her Buzz Lightyear gown. (Photo: Margaret Ryan)

So Jones spoke to Ellie's pre-k education and learning, who promised to speak up should they heard boys telling Ellie your couldn't be her favorite super hero. "They said they would tell your kids that anyone can be who many people be, " she said. "But I wasn't sure it was getting enough. " Ryan, who moves a New York City charter instructor, said she didn't realize tiill this incident just how young kids grab these gender-stereotyped messages. "They have to be taught even earlier than I noticed that they can be whoever they want to be. "

Hoping for some advice, Ryan provided to her neighborhood listserv. "The place just blew up, " states. "Parents of girls who love superheroes chimed in, and parents of players who said 'when I pay attention my kids say things like that, start out bet I set them consecutive. '"

Ellie Evangelista, with her more popular Spiderman toy in hand, dresses up due to the fact her own made-up superhero. (Photo: Maggie Ryan)

More information about Disney phone case. It is a helpful resource for your refer

No comments:

Post a Comment